Thursday, December 2, 2010

School Work...

For our final project we were told we had to make something red, and it had to be inspired by the Arman exhibition currently at Pompidou. Unfortunately Arman is not my cup of tea, but the idea of decomposition and destruction that he plays with in his work can easily turn into a story about the dahlia flowers at the Parc Floral de Paris, which does interest me. If art school has taught me one thing, it is how to make up stories about your work just to please other people. 

Inspiration starting point; The dying dahlias.

Initial  sketch of a design. This is just one of 200, 6 of which were chosen for my capsule collection.

Initial draping of the design, front.
Right. 

Left. 

Back.

On Tuesday I have to present my mood board, color story, fabric swatches, and 6 figures along with all my research. I then have two weeks to finish draping my collection, create the patterns, and make them out of muslin. Over break I have to make it out of actual fabric. 


No comments:

Post a Comment