Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Raf Spring 2011...

So it was cool in a way to see Burberry do pre sales of their spring collection right after the runway show. I mean, heavy jackets will be useful come early fall, which is when your spring collection jacket would arrive. But while browsing online at Seven New York today I found... RAF SIMONS SPRING 2011 PRE SALE! I went from loving pre-sales to hating it in a split second. Fashion is turning into a freight train with Toyota acceleration problems; plowing ahead into the future, showing no regards of seasons, and with no signs of stopping. I'm just starting to get into the Spring/Summer 2010 state of mind, but that collection is already on the clearance racks, and the pre-fall and fall/winter collections are pouring into shops. When it is 90 degrees and sunny out the last thing I want to think about is a Jil Sander pea coat, or Burberry shearling aviator. Perhaps what it most baffling to my mind is that all the spring 2011 clothing is 15% off?! Are we really such a sale conscience culture that we can't even buy clothing two (or more, depending on if you count pre-fall and resort) seasons out without it being discounted? Never the less it was nice to see how the collection priced out (rather reasonable if you ask me), and I found a few things I wouldn't mind getting in my wardrobe before the summer ends...

Hi-Top Sneakers $625.00

Dress Shorts $375.00

Man Skirt (Call me crazy, but wear it over the shorts like a belt or half sweater and I think it would be just fine) $275.00

Rear-Tie Tee (like a hospital gown) $295.00

I think that would make a nice going out outfit, no? 

No comments:

Post a Comment