Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pont de l'Alma...

Pont de l'Alma is one of those places in Paris I pass by all the time on my way to other places, but rarely ever stop at. For some reason I have always had a very vivid memory of when Princess Diana died of this tunnel and the column divider wall down the middle. I have no idea why this is. A lot of friends live on this side of town so when we go out and take taxis they almost always have to go through this tunnel, and every time I think about what happened here as our taxi speeds along this narrow road. Also, random fact I learned when I stopped today to take this picture, but the liberty flame is the same scale as the one on the Statue of Liberty. It doesn't seem very big in person, and although I have never been to the Statue of Liberty, I always imagined that the flame would be bigger than this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment