Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween...

Surprise, surprise, the French don't like Halloween. This meant that I had to find something else to do than dress up and eat candy all day, and since it was Sunday and nothing was open, it was the perfect time to get out of the city again. Well, that's a partial truth; technically I was outside of Paris proper, but I was still within the metro system and not even a mile outside of the Boulevard Périphérique, hardly a trip at all. 

Château de Vincennes

La Sainte-Chapelle de Vincennes

Sign for the Parc Floral de Paris

Hôtel d'insecte, the insect equivalent of a bird house. 


One of the things I can't get over about Paris is that they have a wild peacock population. 

There was a huge Dahlia garden, but the cold nights we have been having recently destroyed most of the plants. I think there is still something really beautiful about them, and I'm using it as my inspiration for my final draping project this semester.  




No comments:

Post a Comment