Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fashion's Night Out...

Eiffel Tower and the Seine from Avenue Montaigne.

Dolce & Gabbana's private bar, and special "Dolce" drink in the gold bottles. 

A jazz band serenades the shoppers at Ralph Lauren.

View through the 3D glasses at Dior.

Massive crowds outside Louis Vuitton.

Eiffel Tower at 5 in the morning... It was that long of a night. 

Well, my first Fashion's Night Out will sure be in my mind for a long time. There is no better way to "shop" all the luxury boutiques on Avenue Montaigne than with some friends, and a constant flow of champagne and cocktails. Of course, every night has its highs and lows, and this one had plenty of each...
1) Dior: Massive speakers blasting an eclectic mix of house and rock music, turning the amazing store into a nightclub. All around waiters hand you glasses of champagne, and a plethora of delicious hors d'oeuvres. There was 3D screenings of the last Haute Couture show, and of course the clothes, oh the clothes (of the Dior and Dior Homme variety). Oh, and I spotted a guy in the Nina Ricci sickle heels. You know the ones...
2) Louis Vuitton: So, maybe you have to wait 30 minutes just to get in the door, but guess who was there to greet you inside... LEIGH LEZARK. I had to take a mental snapshot since Vuitton has a strict no camera policy, even though no other boutique cared last night. She was a lot more skinny in person than I ever imagined. 
3) Celine: Apparently Phoebe Philo (Creative Director) and Carine Roitfeld (Editor in Chief of Paris Vogue) were at the boutique styling looks, but I guess they were not there very long. Oh well, the clothes, shoes and bags more than made up for it. 6 inch boots covered inside and out with rabbit fur? Yes. Tote bag oozing in sheepskin? They had that too. 
4) Givenchy: Biggest let down of the night. I knew Riccardo Tisci has a devoted following, but his store was filled with them, and only them. Everyone was head to toe Givenchy F/W 2010, and by everyone I mean the 14 year old boys, and the 70 year old women. Getting to peek at the Haute Couture collection in person didn't make up for the depression of knowing I could never be in that crowed any time soon... unless I find myself a sugar mama, cuz I know my parents wont be supporting a Givenchy addiction any time soon. 
5) Chanel: Two simple words describe this event... Invitation Only. Only problem was it was not the same invitation that gets you into all the other events, it was a private invitation from Chanel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment