Saturday, September 25, 2010

Techno Parade 2010

Today was Techno Parade, something that I am 150% convinced would never happen in any state... except maybe Florida during WMC, which is a shame because it was one of the most fun things I have ever been to. About 20 floats carrying dj's made there way through the streets from Denfert Rochereau to Bastille, over the course of 3 miles and 5 hours.  It moved very slow, 0.6 mph average if my math is right, giving everyone ample time to dance and follow the floats. It was something that is too hard to explain but hopefully my pictures give a sense of what it was like.

This older gentleman started dancing, and the crowd below went insane over it. 

On the bridge over the Seine. 

People dancing with flares...

People dancing on bus stations...

People dancing on sign poles... Basically anything capable of being dance on was. 

Massive floats basically built of speakers with a dj booth on top. Each float was louder than any club I have ever been to, and trust me, I've been to my fare share of loud clubs (I'm talking to you Paul Oakenfold), and clubs in general. 

Pink headbands mean you were part of the 500 or so people that took place in a flash mob at Denfert Rochereau. Somehow I got caught in the middle of it and had to do a really funny dance, which can be seen here, but at least I got my headband out of it! 

The endpoint of Techno Parade, Bastille. 









No comments:

Post a Comment