Friday, September 10, 2010

Night At The Museum...

The Louvre is free for students on Wednesday and Friday nights, making it a cheap way to study and get inspiration outside of school. Plus it is just a 5 minute walk from my apartment, so I have no excuse not to use it as a resource. 
Entrance under the Pyramid

Probably the second most photographed woman in Paris. 

My favorite French painter, Théodore Géricault, This is my favorite painting at the Louvre.

While all his painting are beautiful, I think his ones of animals are especially great. He captures them in such an emotive and raw way. 

At first I was caught off guard by the heron fighting the hawk...

... That is, until I kept seeing them pop up in artwork everywhere. I think there is a story that I am missing. 

Napoleons dining room. His apartment puts Versailles to shame in terms of use of gold and decoration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment