Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fashion + Function...

Balenciaga, Louis Vuitton
Well, there has been another spotting of glasses on chains at Louis Vuitton. This trend has quickly jumped to the top of my to do list for the season. Not only will this slowly expand my dismal accessories department, but it will solve a problem that has plagued me for some time; what to do with the sunnies when you don't want to wear them, but you don't want to put them away?! Usually I just hang them from my shirt, which usually ends in me dropping them on the floor, or having them fall off without me knowing, only to be in a panic stricken mode until I find them. I'm starting to see a problem with this trend though, fashionable finds are few and far between. Most are of the etsy/crafty persons variety; cute little dragonfly beads strung in between imitation swarovski crystals. Not my cup of tea. 
I'm thinking perhaps a simple tortoise chain would be a good way to test the waters. Classic, simple, and they go with just about anything. I'm also loving the idea of making some diy ones out of jade to add that pop of color that my wardrobe sometimes lacks. I'll keep everyone posted on how this progresses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment