Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Paris Favorites...


The Best...

Balenciaga
Basically this collection satisfied my two most basic desires from clothes; simplicity and a shrunken fit. Love the hand painted zebra prints, which will be exclusive to the new menswear store in Paris. And yes, I have already taken the leather cummerbund idea from this show out for a spin, much to my delight. 


Dries Van Noten
Two thoughts on this show 1) acid wash has never looked better 2) looking like you stole a shirt and burst the security ink tag all over it never looked better. 

Kenzo
More than the clothes, I loved that some notable women walked the runway next to the men... in the mens clothes. Androgyny is one of my favorite things that fashion can address; in extreme forms like Rad Hourani, or more mundane displays like this one. 

And because pictures would just hurt my eyes (you can click the links to view the pictures if you must).
The worst...

There was only two looks that I liked. The rest was fit for a modern, devout Catholic version of Tarzan, who was abducted by aliens. You'll get that reference if you see it.

 I say it every season. It is basically an extension of Kris Van Assche's own line at this point. 

The first half was great, (with a bunch of great edgy tailored jackets) and then came the fog... Next thing I know the models are walking out in Do-rags and the draped leather boots, a Owens signature that I am not to fond of. 


No comments:

Post a Comment