Saturday, June 5, 2010

Summer in Siki...

Happy (early) birthday to me! What did I get you may ask? Well, an extension of my Helmut Lang collection, that's what! Siki Im was the head of design at my beloved Lang for some years, so it is no wonder his clothes appeal to me. That, or the fact that he is German, and has a background in architecture. I have always been interested in that Germanic aesthetic; stark, structured, and monochromatic, hence why his nationality is somewhat important. Anyways, I'm now the very proud owner of some Siki...
The wide pants in look 02, and...
... The blazer vest from look 11 from his debut S/S 2010 collection. 

The wide pants are quite remarkable, they are full of curved seams all along the back, and balloon at the knees/taper at the ankles, all without pleats. Something I thought was interesting since so often with mens trousers pleats are the primary means of achieving volume. As for the vest, it is just amazing, and will be put to work this summer. I love blazers and white t's, and this blazer vest makes the look work when we start to get into higher temps here. I rocked this look for the first time this week at my roommate of 2 years' wedding, with a Helmut Lang (what else would you expect?!) white poplin dress shirt. It was far less attention getting that the silver encrusted Libertine number I wore to my cousins wedding last October. 

No comments:

Post a Comment