Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hermes On The Cheap...

About three years ago I came to the conclusion that my life was not complete until I somehow acquired an Hermes Collier de Chien. You know, that big chunky leather bracelet covered in studs that would look oh so right sitting on my wrist. It would be that one item that I would never take off, and you would always know it was me in a crowd by that shiny piece of alligator (ok, maybe that is pushing it, but if you are going to aim high, minus well aim a little further). 
Oh well, one day. Maybe I will venture into a high end vintage shop and see if I can find one second hand until that wonderful day comes that I can afford a new one... and a matching Birkin... Hey, I'm aiming high, like I said. What's an extra $10,000 for a bag when you are spending $1,000 on a bracelet?! 
Anyways, I stumbled upon the most amazing fashion fix I have seen in a long while, and something that I will be spending all day tomorrow working on... ready?!...

I KNOW! Official Hermes patterns to make your very own paper Collier de Chiens! I'm thinking I will start out with some in vellum, then maybe try it with real leather and resin. Then I got a little obsessive at reading about these that I came across...

DIY Kelly Bags! Hermes was reading my mind before my mind even knew what it wanted! I'm going to be a busy boy this next week. The house will be turned into a mini Hermes workshop  during the day. 
And in the style of that Vogue Nippon segment "High Low", we got the low, now for the high...

Hermes footstool ($5,950.00), armchair ($10,200.00), and console ($7,200.00). These would be perfect in that room in my future house that I will devote to my future collection of Hermes that I know I will have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment