Friday, March 26, 2010

Obsession...

Not so long story, not so short, I had one good frantic shopping day in Paris. I know right! Me in Paris with only one good day to dedicate to shopping! Good thing I will be there all next year. Anyways. I had a specific goal to my shopping adventures. To find a shirt to wear with my fancy new Maison Martin Margiela outfit, which I might dedicate a post to since I love it so much. I started with my usual places to run in quick and get out; Zara, H&M, Topman, Uniqlo. No avail. So I scouted out some familiar french brands that wouldn't break my limited spending money bank. Billtornade turned up nothing but delicious jackets. I have a corduroy motorcycle jacket from them that fits like bananas. Pardon the Rachel Zoe -isms but if you saw it on me you would agree. Knowing a jacket did not solve my problems, nor fit in my suitcase, I ran to my other hope; Zadig & Voltaire. Again, nothing. Hope and time were running out quickly as I had other obligations to fill later on in the day, so off to the magical wonderland that resides in Paris call Printemps. If heaven ever existed on Earth, it was this place... just slightly more claustrophobic than I imagined. Basically Printemps is a department store made up of in store pop up stores for every brand imaginable. A mini Balenciaga store right next to a mini Maison  Martin Margiela (MMM)? Don't mind if I do. Balenciaga was beautiful but out of my price, as was Lanvin, McQueen, Dior and Rick Owens (pictures don't do Rick Owens clothes justice). Two hours later and I am left with some decisions to make... A  MMM turtleneck, a Jil Sander short sleeve, a A.P.C. breton stripe shirt, or a Christian Lacroix floral print dress shirt. I ended up getting the Jil Sander t-shirt in camel colored jersey, which I am more than happy with, but I can't stop thinking about the A.P.C. clothing. As often as I would like to think I could wear total looks, A.P.C. really makes the list. I tried on everything multiple times (special thanks to the patient sales man for putting up with me!) and fell in love with everything. 

O
M
G
My heart and mind are still in Paris at A.P.C. and I really wish I put down four or five of the magazine I bought and picked up one of these instead. I've been going through a t-shirt moment, living weeks on end in nothing but American Apparel, James Perse and Armani Collezioni white t's. None of them even compare to the A.P.C. shirts. The material just melts when it touches your skin. The hems perfect, the arms cut just right. And because I've already apologized for my Zoe-isms... I DIE! I literally died and went to t-shirt heaven. And much to my pleasant surprise, this heaven includes shoes, denim, bags, and  everything in between. I have yet to see A.P.C. in this land of 10,000 lakes, but I will hunt it down and get a shirt before the summer starts, so I can lounge around in Sperry Top-siders, J.Crew vintage slim denim, a lightweight sports jackets and a trusty straw hat... sipping lemon aid and reading classic literature... 

check the website here to flip through the lookbook and get me a shirt... haha It was worth a try, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment