Friday, March 12, 2010

Paris F/W 2010...


Ok, I'm going to keep it short and sweet this time since I AM LEAVING FOR PARIS IN TWO HOURS!

Givenchy
Skiing gear was something that I never imagined would ever be a theme at Givenchy, but here it was in all it's fair isle glory. Overall I thought it was gorgeous and moody. My only complaint is that Riccardo needs to rethink the venue. The lighting is so harsh it makes looking at the clothes difficult. 


Haider Ackermann
 No one can cut a jersey floor length skirt and make it looks so provocative and slinky as Haider. The way his clothes just cascade down the body is a real treat to look at. 


Mui Mui
Ok, I wasn't crazy about Prada as the rest of the world seems to be, but I will agree that this was one of the best Mui Mui collections to date. Muccia kept everything fun and flirty with that 60's edge slightly reminiscent Courreges. I also loved the return of the lace and color pallet from her Fall 2008 Prada show. (geeze, that seemed so long ago! I hate that I think in fashion seasons and not years. 12 seasons ago feels so much more drastic than just saying two years.)

Stella McCartney
My favorite little trio of Brit girls, who are all best friends mind you, were at it again this season, creating clothes that have sent an industry in a beige frenzy. Of Pheobe Philo at Celine, Hannah MacGibbon at Chloe, and Stella McCartney, Stella came out on top. Pheobe's show didn't feel as genuine as last season, and Hannah got stuck in a rut of too feminine and girly. Stella on the other hand was perfection! Minimal, clean, beige. Three words to watch this season were all there. As for that paillette dress covered in chiffon? I will gladly take it off their hands so I can just stare at it in the morning. 

And with that, I'm off... to target... still not done packing...

No comments:

Post a Comment