Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Scents...

I feel kinda weird about this, because I have had this post in my head for about a week and just never got around to making it, then today I went online, and I see that three other people just wrote perfume posts! I swear I'm not a copy cat, even if like two of the three people I will also talk about the Balenciaga one. But y'all should know by now that I'm obsessed with all things Balenciaga so it should just be a given that I would talk about it too! Ok, apologies aside...
And bad advertising aside... Like seriously bad advertising. Their spring ad campaign was a photoshop disaster (Speaking of which, has anyone seen the sneek peeks to CS5?! Omg, so excited for that!) and so was this ad with a random flower garden and Charlotte Gainsbourg, next to another random page ad of the perfume in some odd still life. I don't get it. What I do get though is that this smells really good. Light and airly with some nice floral and gasoline notes, perfect to wear during the day. 

Luckily in Paris I also found time to visit Dior Homme. Fresh off my Hedi Slimane paper that I wrote last semester this store visit was especially exciting, just to see how his amazing vision transferred to the retail space in person. So, buried deep within the Dior store in the magical realm of Dior Homme, I found these bottles of wonder. The most amazing fantastical scents my nose has ever came across. They are as dark as the world of Dior Homme, and I love every bit of it. If I could, I would bathe in Eau Noire, then give myself some healthy splashes of Amber Nuit to finish it off. So delicious. I asked the salesman, and he sadly informed me that you can only buy this at Dior Homme stores. I was afraid to ask the cost of this amazing foursome since they came in bottles the size of Monster energy drink can. Therefore, I would like to start taking donations so that I could get this in my life ASAP... 

This could also be a helpful hint to certain family members who may be going to New York this week. Perhaps a trip to the Dior Homme store is in order for you so that you could pick up a birthday gift for me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment