Monday, December 28, 2009

2003...




S/S 2003 Tom Ford for Gucci


No one sells sex better than Tom Ford. His era at Gucci has left a lasting impression on me, and taught me that fashion is not just about making beautiful clothes, but finding a way to market them. Perhaps more than the collection itself, I will always remember the advertising that went with it. Some call it disgusting and vulgar, I call it genius. The 2010's are looking to be just as good for Tom Ford, with the premier of his first film, A Single Man, and talks of his own clothing line. 










F/W 2003 Rick Owens


Some call him goth, I call him a futurist, but throughout the decade Rick Owens has promoted an image that does not follow the main stream of fashion. What I love most is his dramatic plays with proportion, and of course his minimalistic color palette. He also gives me hope that an American (he's from California) can have such a European feel to his clothing. So often American designers get caught in a never ending cycle of "sportswear", but Rick Owens has managed to break away from that with clothing that almost resists categorization. 

No comments:

Post a Comment