Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Homme Sweet Homme...


Dior Homme S/S 2010 from Luisa via Roma


Since Hedi Slimane left Dior Homme in 2007 I haven't been excited about any of the new collections. I think Kris Van Assche is finally getting into the swing of things at Dior now though, and I really like some of the pieces in the spring collection. He really played up the transparency which I think makes for some really fun layering pieces. I'm also slightly obsessed with the zipper hooded vest, its like some crazy hybrid between Helmut Lang and Rick Owens, plus the layering details make some really fun volumes. The only problem I have with the new Dior Homme is that Kris Van Assche is moving to far away from the original Dior Homme client, that is the skinny rocker who wants skinny clothes. Kris has his own line that he can play around with more. I'm fine with trying to make a established brand your own, but you still need to respect the identity of the brand, overly pleated pants and baggy blazers are not the Dior Homme identity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment