Saturday, December 19, 2009

Tilda + Panos



Like usual, I'm always the last to know about something, or in this case find out when it is way too late. So, last spring (I know, I'm uber late on this) Tilda Swinton, my favorite woman on the red carpet, and Panos Yiapanis, my favorite stylist, teamed up for AnOther magazine. I really don't know how I missed this. Anyways, words cannot describe how much I love Tilda, she is fearless when it comes to dressing herself (and doesn't use a stylist for award shows *gasp*). While other celebrities play it safe with the all too common and bland Marchesa, Dolce & Gabbana, and Christian Dior gowns, Tilda wears strait off the runway Lanvin, Haider Ackermann, Christian Lacroix, Balenciaga, and Celine. Usually, mainstream people (E! and People I'm talking to you) don't get her style and send her to the worst dressed list. I on the other hand would happily name her the best dressed celebrity of the 2000's. Then there is Panos, my man in Givenchy. His hard edge styling pushes a photo shoot into a whole new dimension and never ceases to leave me in awe. I frequently credit the amazing Catherine Baba as my favorite stylist, but that would be based solely on personality. As far as my preferences in style goes, Panos easily takes the cake. So, Tilda and Panos created a spread to showcase up and coming London designers, and like so many other things do, left me speechless. Panos did a fantastic job picking some really amazing show pieces, and Tilda worked them better than most models can. 


Comments or thoughts anyone?

1 comment:

  1. i have a copy of this! let me know if you want scans or something

    ReplyDelete