Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Bugs Bugs Everywhere...


So, I've always wanted to collect fine jewelry someday (along with Hermès scarfs), it seems like one of those fashion items that would be worthwhile investments if you get the right pieces. I'm not usually one to go vintage, its just not my style, but I think jewelry is a great way to work older pieces into ensembles. Of course being a guy it is hard to work fine jewelry into a wardrobe, but I think I found a good solution... BUGS! Now that the resort collections are in the stores and spring is soon to follow I've been getting in the mood for some warmer weather, which in Minnesota always means the bugs come out. I really love the whimsical nature of these dragonflies and the details in some of the art nouveau pieces is just spectacular. I'm really fond of the one in the upper left corner. Peridot is one of my favorite stones, I just love any shade of green, and the diamonds add that sparkle that I can't live without. 1st Dibs is a great place to find vintage jewelry, along with great designer and antique furniture and Haute Couture. Its always fun just to look around at some of the stuff they get in.


On a different note, I was checking out a new fashion blog that I stumbled across, Hapsical, and it totally inspired me to be more creative with my images that I post. So, instead of just photoshopping images into a grid, I spent some time to cut out the images and arrange them into something a bit more fun. It took a lot longer, but I think it turned out really well. We will just have to see how long I can keep up this creative imaging. 


Haha and I just noticed that my masterful photoshop skills cut off one dragonflies wing, another is missing some diamonds, and another has some gold details that disappeared. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment