Sunday, December 13, 2009

Lacoste Loco...

Usually it is unlike me to let a designer collaboration go under my radar, but somehow the amazing design duo behind Campanas worked with Lacoste to make a limited run of 20,000 basic polos, and 2 of the all over lace (upper right). If you are unfamiliar with Campanas, I strongly suggest you at least do a basic google image search because they are amazing. I dream of one day decorating my house with ridiculous designer furniture (think the "art collector" sketches with noonie and nunie on SNL) and their chairs are at the top of my list. Back to the shirts... Each one is done entirely by hand (the one in the upper right took 100 days to make) and take inspiration from the iconic Lacoste logo and Campana's Brazilian heritage. For instance, the bottom right shirt is clustered to resemble a group of islands within the Brazilian Amazon and the bottom left is based on vines. I'm just going to put one of these in my imaginary couture closet right next to a Martin Margiela 80's sequin appliqué blazer... more on that closet later... and other couture collectors for that matter...

No comments:

Post a Comment