Friday, April 2, 2010

Classic With A Twist...

Season after season you hear about designers making classic pieces... with a twist. While this phrase is used over and over, my favorite Maison... Martin Margiela that is, really did such a thing, reinventing some of the classic jewelry pieces in a way that only they can do.
The I.D. cuff, key ring, square ring, and key broach, all done to look like they were covered in aluminum. This is one of those moments were the idea is so simple and it executed perfectly. Around $150 for any piece, they are an affordable addition to any man's jewelry collection. Maybe in my own?
"Affordable! With that money that you don't have!" "I'm just saying, mother dearest!"
I also promise to do my post on my recent MMM acquisitions. Their clothes are so simple and well made... it's like the high end version of American Apparel. Speaking of which, there was a major riot outside an AA sample sale in London. I think I would rather spend the full $30 on my beloved deep v neck t's than get robbed and trampled to save 85% on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment