Monday, April 5, 2010

Dreams...

So my momma called today while she was out shopping and wanted to know if I wanted a denim Rick Owens jacket. I told her my dream item was a leather Rick Owens jacket, and that it is one of those items that I dream about. I'd like to think that every time I say I would dream about an item that I would, but unfortunately we don't get to pick what we dream about, and sometimes I dream about items that I don't even really want...

Balenciaga Woven Work $2,825.00
Like I said, not all things I want or like. Of all the Balenciaga bags, this one is my least favorite, too many colors. The woven in the grey tones is rather nice, but I much prefer the sold leather bags. Not to say I wouldn't take one if given the opportunity, but if I'm paying for a Balenciaga bag, it sure won't be this. Now, I really do dream about Balenciaga more than I would care to say, which is fine, considering my love for the brand. I've had handfuls of dreams about the Giant Covered Weekend in Anthracite, a couple about the Giant Hip in Sahara, and tons of dreams involving me and the cocoon jackets. My recent dream about the Woven Work though was one of my weirdest. As far as my dreams go, this one was one of the longer ones, and it involved me sitting in a wooden chair, in a white room, petting this bag. Psychotic, yes. Creepy, yes. But hey, Balenciaga leather, woven or not, deserves to be felt up every now and then. 

Lanvin Suede Sneakers $395.00
Surprisingly I've only had one dream about Lanvin. If I had control of my dreams, I'd have them a lot more often. Basically, I got locked in their boutique at 15 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honore after it closed, then proceeded to try on every pair of shoes from their giant shoe wall at the back of the store. When the store opened in the morning, I bought this pair and the beaded high tops.

Rick Owens Lambskin Jacket $2,216.00
This dream could almost be called a nightmare, and I'm sure Mr. Owens would approve of that. In this dream I worked at a farm that raised blistered lambs for Rick Owens blistered lambskin clothing and accessories. I would spend my day inside a dark shed herding the sheep around and feeding them. The sheep were more like rams, with the curly horns, and didn't have any hair, just wrinkly skin like a sphinx cat. Luckily, I know blistered lambskin doesn't actually come from blistered lambs, and I know that it is the most buttery soft piece of hide I have ever laid hands on, so I wasn't really put off by the dream. 

My momma said that they did have one blistered lamb jacket at the store... FOR $700! I told her to BUY BUY BUY, but she said she didn't love me that much, even if it was a birthday present and I paid her back for half of it. If she did get it for me, I would be one really surprised and happy boy that would complain a whole lot less about fashion, at least until I'm back in Paris this summer, and might just let go of the fact that she brought my sisters to NYC and not me. A Rick Owens leather jacket is about equal to 3 NYC weekend trips in my book. 

1 comment:

  1. hi,
    Wonderful bag, I also love the Balenciaga collection, especially like the shoes from the Spring 2010 collection
    I love it, love it!

    Adam,

    http://fashionispartofme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete