Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Black Beauty...

So I had a major catastrophe this week. My Macbook's hard drive died.... and... don't scold me... but I never backed it up. So, bye bye all those posts about my trip to Paris in March since I no longer have any pictures from it. Good thing I am going back in less than 100 days. 

Anyways, when it comes to shoes, my devotion to the house of Balenciaga is broken. Yves Saint Laurent takes the cake for the best shoes. If you ask me, the YSL Tribute ankle boots from the F/W 2008 collection are the greatest shoes ever created. 
Big thanks to Tommy Ton for shooting the best picture of them too. Actually, that whole F/W 2008 collection is one of my favorites of all time (I've been trying to add those runway sunglasses to my collection for years to no avail), and one of Stefano Pilati's greatest at the house. I like to think of it as a minimalists manifesto, a constant influence for anything I do artistically. You can check it out here.

Back to what this post was originally about. I can get side tracked rather easily you know. I was reading W magazine and was reminded of the amazing YSL shoes from the F/W 2010 collection. 
Talk about some fierce footwear! I can just see them with some amazing Trussardi 1911 dress. I'd like to think of it as some cultural appropriated version of neo-Native American style. You know, something so over the top and fabulous that only Carrie Bradshaw or Anna Dello Russo could get away with wearing it. And speaking of ADR, if I don't see her wearing these during the fall fashion circuit, I will be seriously disappointed. I always think of two different things when I see these a) the mane of a horse, and b) a liberty spike mohawk. Apart from the heel of hair, I'm also really feeling that slight curve of the platform. It helps keep the shoe visually interesting when they go into production sans hair. I'm assuming this is what they will be doing seeing as that type was also shown on the runway, and would make for a more commercial product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment