Saturday, May 1, 2010

Calvin...


So, I think I kinda like what was going on at the Calvin Klein presentation, and the beautiful pictures via models. I swear their photography makes everything look better than it really is.  


Especially the mens outfit on the right. I have really been liking longer coats lately, the proportions feel nice, especially because I am a tall person. I was recently gifted a Donna Karan deconstructed trench coat that is minimal to the max and totally reminds me of the Jil Sander S/S 2010 collection. It is really basic (it doesn't even have back vents!) and all the edges are frayed. I don't know what that story has to do with this post except that I like black thigh length coats. A nice wool topcoat will have to be on my list of clothes I need to survive the winter in Paris. Also, remind me I need to try the uber slicked down hair sometime. I have a fancy dinner on Wednesday, maybe I will do some channeling of this presentation and do slicked down hair and even slicker black minimal clothing. 

Models.com
WWD's image of the same look...

Seriously though, photography is just as important as the clothes. Models photo makes me want those clothes, and WWD one makes me want to move on to something better. Just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment