Friday, May 7, 2010

Skip Summer, Lets Just Head Into Fall...

Seriously, just as I start to get excited for the season we are in... BAM! something like the fall ad for Givenchy comes out and gets my mouth watering for all the beautiful camel and black everything off the runway.  This steamy shoot hit all the right notes with the always amazing Mariacarla Boscono, Simon Nessman, Paolo Rolden, and Catherine McNeil. Then there is the unexpected casting of Lea T, who was his former assistant and fit model at Givenchy, and a transexual. I just wish they could find a way to squeeze Liu Wen and Emil Dostovic in there. 
I really like that they are continuing the same format from last season, I think it is a really effective way to fit as many clothes and models (both new and of the super- variety) into a very simple advertisement.  Plus the constant androgyny makes me just want everything, and not just the stuff on the guys. Camel coat on Malgosia Bela, I'm coming for you when I get back to Paris. You too bibbed tuxedo shirt! 

1 comment: