Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Remember Now...

Don't you hate when something is so hyped up and you get super excited to the point of almost wetting your pants, then you are left in a state of devastating disappointment because this thing was not as good as expected. This happens to me all the time with movies and books, but Chanel Cruise 2011 takes the cake. Kaiser Karl made a little movie called Remember Now which you can view by clicking the link. It's like 16 minutes of super skinny super model partying bliss! I mean, can we just stare, drooling at Magdalena Frackowiak, Karolina Kurkova, Freja Beha Erichsen, and fashion DJ extraordinaire Leigh Lezark?! And the whole movie is about my favorite pastime other than fashion, partying! Seriously, there is nothing I love more than going to a club, dancing till dawn, hitting up an after party to watch the sunrise, and then starting up a day like nothing happened. Maybe a trip to Saint Tropez is in order for me this year to live this movie out in person. Now, Karl usually uses a good deal of the upcoming Chanel collection in his little movies, much like the Shanghai one. This is where the excitement came in. For the past week I'm thinking short short short party dresses, modern and sexy, blinged out to the max, and NOT like Balmain. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Balmain, good trashy club wear, but the idea of Karl doing club wear a la Chanel was almost too good. Actually, it was too good, CUZ HE DIDN'T DO IT! The whole show was straight up YSL 70's, not his amazing 1940's collection, but his Peasant collection. Karl hardly even modernized anything like he does so well. Where was the modernity?! Just because it is Chanel, does not make rust colored suede flares ok. This is a collection I would like to erase from my mind, instead let's remember now the magical Chanel Cruise 2010 show...
Ahhh... much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment