Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cause Me Pain Hedi Slimane...


Hehe, I've been meaning to use that as a title for something since House of Holland started making that t-shirt. The only problem was Hedi Slimane is a sneaky little fellow these days so as soon as style.com put out The Future of Fashion, Part Three: Hedi Slimane, I had to jump on the naming of this post. I frequently say that I admire some designer, but truth is, there are only a select few that make the cut; Martin Margiela, Alexander McQueen, Karl Lagerfeld, Helmut Lang, and perhaps most of all Hedi Slimane. I could write a short story about how much Hedi has influenced me not only in fashion, but in art and culture. Ok, maybe not a short story, but I  can accurately say 14 pages, size 12 Helvetica, single spaced... I wrote that paper for my History of Modern Art class last year. Any ways, Hedi was insightful as ever into the world of fashion, art, music, and culture, and provides a really interesting read about where fashion is going in this modern era. So yeah, go check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment