Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Quiet Before The Storm...

Is it just me or has the past week been really slow in the fashion world? Or maybe I'm just way to busy with other things? I'll go with a little bit of both. Hopefully you know (or at least now you do), but New York Fashion Week kicks off on Thursday. I can almost hear the rumble of models walking down the runways and the see the flashing lights of the backstage cameras. This can only mean a whirlwind of a month of non stop fashion and... ME + PARIS FASHION WEEK! I could seriously die just typing those words, and to think that all next year I will be living my moneyless fashion design student dreams in the city of lights. It's almost to much to handle. I'm surprised I haven't started planning my outfits for my little 2 week trip in March. If only I had a Burberry trench coat (you would think I would have one by now) and those super fantastical Raf Simons sandals, then I wouldn't need to pack anything else and just live in those for the entire trip. Any who. Another one of my favorite bi-yearly events got its press release today...  THE YSL MANIFESTO!


I can almost see the excitement on your face. While the crazy strawberry print is very YSL, it looked horrible on the runway in the form of that white linen dress, so horrible that I can't even post a picture of it... ok I will.


What did I say? Even though it was very YSL, some things are better left in the archives far away from the magical designing hands of Stefano Pilati. He redeemed himself though when he stuck the strawberries on a much more appropriate place, the S/S 2010 YSL Manifesto tote bag. After it passed through the digitalize filter in photoshop mind you. If you know about the amazing manifesto, you know that it gets handed out to 2,000 people for free outside select YSL stores each season. This means next year at the start of every season, you will find me sleeping on the door step of the Paris YSL store. Free limited edition YSL tote bag? Don't mind if I do. This one hits the NYC store next Tuesday, just in time for the end of NY Fashion Week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment