Monday, January 18, 2010

Milan Fashion Week: Day 3...


Alexander McQueen


I think the name says it all for this collection; AN BAILITHEOIR CNÁMH. That is gallic for "The Bone Collector". With the oversize doctors satchels, face masks, and macabre bone print that was used in abundance, you get a real uneasy feeling about these clothes. While not very wearable in its current form, I'm sure Lee McQueen will find a way to transfer this to something more commercial. 



Etro


Etro is one of those brands that every time I wear an item by them, get showered with compliments all day. There seemed to be a more youthful feeling this time around and a stronger focus on daywear. I really like the jewel tones used throughout, especially the purple tones. Overall I felt this was a very strong collection, and I can't wait to go see these clothes in person; I have the feeling you will need to pry me away from many of them. 



Gucci


Fida did what she does best, edgy clothes for cool kids looking to have a good time. The velvet was spectacular  and I could use a couple of those blazers in my closet (dusty blue in the upper right, I'm talking to you). I'm a big fan of scarfs in general and these ones really caught my eye, but I think I will need to see what the print on them is before I can reach my final verdict. And, are those deep v neck shirts I see? why yes, yes it is...





Pringle of Scotland


Always my knitwear inspiration, Pringle pulled out a good show with lots of chunky wool knits, and of course the wonderful ombre tones. I like the beige and black color pallet and the minimal amount of layering. As much as I love pilling on the layers, sometimes I just want to throw on a nice shirt and go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment