Thursday, January 14, 2010

Shopping For Spring...



When you get my mother and I together, we tend to get a little spend crazy. Like today. Our house was being cleaned so we needed to get out and do something. What started as trying to find bathroom accessories ended up being 6 hours of shopping for ourselves. Not that I'm Complaining. Anyways, now I'm looking at what I bought and I think I'm spotting a trend... buying things in double. Pardon the poor image quality, I hate flash, but I think it looks better than the orange glow from the light bulbs. One day I'm sure I will be capable of taking a decent image... or haul myself to a window near natural light.





First, we got some Marc Jacobs jackets. I know, I know, I don't like Marc Jacobs. But I couldn't help it. I'm surprised I tried on his stuff in the first place. Needless to say, I fell in love. The first one is dark green corduroy. I've been wanting a corduroy jacket for a while, so I figured why not now. Plus I love green and earthy tones. Next is my favorite purchase of the day; Marc Jacobs khaki jacket. It totally reminds me of Veruschka in that famous YSL Safari photo, not to mention that I'm a sucker for epaulettes. It also fits crazy good.





Next we got some John Varvatos Blazers. Same blazer, different colors. The first one is navy, the second is brown. They fit really good, by which I mean they are fitted and have short enough sleeves that I feel like Thom Browne raided my suit closet. 





Like I said when I started my blog, I go through trends really quickly and tend to fall back to the preppy look, especially during the spring and summer. While I still love all my black clothing (I had TWO PAIRS of black pants before august, and that was all the black I had, now half my closet is black [and I have a big closet; 2 walk ins and 2 garment racks]) (back to my sentence) I just love the ease of classic americana, and my newest obsession, blue shirts. Both are Ralph Lauren, the top one is an oxford that I have been eyeing at Macy's for quite a while and the bottom one is distressed denim. 






And finally. Suede Cole Haan driving mocs/penny loafers, because no summer is complete without those and my trusted Sperry Top-Siders. And a pair of Earnest Sewn jeans. I have been craving some torn up Abercrombie style denim this past week, and a nice pair of dark wash denim was just the thing to snap me out of it. I was going to get some 7 for All Mankind, but a boy cannot live on 7's and Levis. 


I'm on my way to getting sartorially ready for when I casually run into Scott Schuman whilst in Paris over spring break (I know you'll be there Scott, cuz it is Paris Fashion Week. You can't hide from me for too long!) (You either Garance DorĂ© and Tommy Ton!)









No comments:

Post a Comment