Friday, January 29, 2010

My Dream Bag...

So Bryanboy asked a good question yesterday: "Let's say you got mugged on the street and someone ran away with your handbag. Santa Claus then appeared out of nowhere. He realized he forgot to give you a present last Christmas because he was drunk so he offered to buy you a new bag and a few little nifty things (without being too outrageous so no, absolutely no Himalayan Birkins please) to get you back on track. What would you get?"
Dang, that Birkin is tempting, Himalayan or not. Anyways, I felt like this is a good thing to do for a post because for my drawing class we have to do a self portrait each week that pushes what portraiture is. For the first week, I drew my bag, and the contents of it. I think that what you carry around with you says so much more than just a picture of your face. So while I drew my real bag, I can always dream of what that perfect bag would be.

Clockwise from top left:
Hermes Piqué Sellier Silk Scarf $305.00
Hermes Globe-Trotter Agenda $640.00
Prada Cell Phone Charm $104.69
Apple iPhone $299.00
Balenciaga Lune Bag $2,595.00
Prada Key Holder $139.59
Boudicca Wode Paint Fragrance $104.85
New Skin $5.03
Dior Hydraction Skincare Set
Maison Martin Margiela L'incognito Sunglasses $443.61
Damir Doma Envelope Wallet $192.12
Damir Doma Passport Holder $192.12

Well thats my dream bag. I wonder what It says about me? Clearly I love fashion, and judging by the lack of flashy labeled prints, you could say I'm not your usual "label whore". I think the scarf says the most, it is a perspective drawing of the Hermes Flagship store. I love art and design, and my work is done with technical precision. It is contrasting colors from the bag, showing my eye for color, and the fact that they are so bright shows I don't mind standing out in a crowd. I like being up to date with technology and organized hence the iPhone and planner. The wallets, bag, and sunglasses show that I like cutting edge design; I don't like things that are run of the mill, if I'm going to spend lots of money I want my items to be original. The skincare is amazing, I use Dior Hydraction anyways, but santa can always bring me more. I think you should take care of your body and moisturizing with a daily spf lotion is the best way to start. The New Skin shows my fear of unexpected situations, you can cut yourself doing anything so always be prepared! Plus New Skin is invisible so you don't have to worry about showing off a bandaid. 

So now I extend the questing onto you. What is in your bag (real or imaginary) and what does it say about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment