Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 11...

A picture of something I am currently obsessed with, and a song that gets me pumped up. 

Maison Martin Margiela S/S 2008

Maison Martin Margiela Pants from the Sartorialist. Check out the waist. Yes it is meant to be like that, and yes it stays up on it's own. 

Thanks to a friend who works at the house, I have this amazing scarf to add to my personal Margiela collection. PETA did not approve of it this past week when I went to the Jean Paul Gaultier show. If I know one thing, PETA will hate me even more one day; fur and leather are my best friends. 

View of the photographers area at the end of the runway from my seat at the F/W 2011 Maison Martin Margiela show. The most interesting perspective I have ever had at a show, looking down at the models walking below you. 

I've always been a huge fan of Marigela, but recently I've really become obsessed with the house. The current fashion exhibition at Les Arts Décoratifs, Les Années 1990-2000 opens with a room full of the most amazing Margiela pieces. It's really breathtaking to see some of my favorite MMM moments up close and personal. Shoe lace dress? Barely there jeans? Christmas garland jacket? Yes, yes and yes. Paris is also a very Margiela friendly place to be. I see some of the more theatrical designs on a semi regular basis, and everyone seems to know his name. I wore my Marigela scarf recently to the Printemps department store where multiple sales people came up to tell me specifically that they loved my Margiela scarf. I don't think anyone in Minnesota would be able to recognize it as such... they would probably just think I was a crazy person. 



I listen to this song when I'm skiing and really want to push myself hard. All of M.I.A.'s songs tend to be good ones to ski to though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment