Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Vallée de Chevreuse...




I feel like this should be the setting to a fairy tale. 

The miniature Venice of France. One of my teachers, who is French, never heard of the "Venice of France", apparently it is Annecy, much to her disagreement, but I would say it is this town. 

For my mother, who wants pictures of church tops. 

It's unexpected things like this that I love. 

The villages were all picturesque. 



Hiking paths were marked with little pieces of tape on random objects; different path, different color. There was no map of the trails so it was a bit like hide and seek trying to find out where you needed to go. I went a good 4km at one point before stumbling upon the path I needed to be on. 

Church in the woods. 

At least they are blunt about it. Heaven forbid I wander in without taking my allergy medications. 

No comments:

Post a Comment