Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 21...

A photo of your day, and a song that you listen to when you're angry. 

Today, I went to the Christian Dior Exhibition that just opened, it was a sad reminder that John is no longer at the house, since most of the dresses were from his Haute Couture shows. 

Arguably one of the greatest Christian Dior Haute Couture collections ever. I know I have seen images of this dress and collection since before I even started following fashion. It was so great to see this dress up in close in person, and of course the amazing coil necklaces.

Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 1997 


F/W 2007 Haute Couture; another one of those memorable outfits from a memorable show. 

1950's Christian Dior day dress. The front was plain and simple with no decoration, all the drama is in the back. 

Amazing beadwork. I'm doing a small bead embroidery right now for my surface treatments class and can't even imagine how long this took to do. 

You Say Party! We Say Die! - There is XXXX (Niveau Zero Remix) 

Ok, so the lyrics are super depressing when you actually listen to them, which I guess is good for a song you listen to when you are angry, but what I love is the slow and steady beat of this song. My favorite remix is by Habstrakt off his Pianorama mix, but I can't find that version anywhere online to share with you. This version is pretty darn close to it though. I would love to hear this at a fashion show, the models slowly gliding down the runway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment