Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 29...

Something I will never get tired of doing and a song that reminds me of my childhood. 

SHOPPING! It never gets old for me. I can do it for myself, for others, or for no one. It is something I can do for hours on end and never get tired of it. I made a list of my favorite boutiques so incase you are in Paris or New York you can stop by and check them out... and pick me up something... What? It was worth a try.  

l'Eclaireur, by far the best boutique I have ever been to. This is the men's boutique (The women's one is a two blocks away, and just as impressive) which is actually a ten minute walk from my apartment in the Marais, so I stop by all the time. Their clothing selection is second to none. Not only do they carry all the big brands like Comme des Garçons, Balenciaga, Ann Demeulemeester, and Rick Owens,  but they have the small guys like Gareth Pugh, Haider Ackermann and Boris Bidjan Saberi as well. It is all very well thought out and the space is just amazing. 

Colette. I don't stop by as much as I used to just because it is a fashion mecca and as such is crowded like a can of sardines, as opposed to l'Eclaireur which you frequently are the only customer in the store. They carry everyone who is anyone so it is nice to be able to see the trendy clothes up close before you see them anywhere else (Haakan [not worth the money], Alexander Wang, and Céline are the current window display brands). Also a 10 minute walk from my apartment, which is nice during fashion week because so many parties are held here, I can just walk down my street and be there. 

Oak. Carries a great mix of designers from all price ranges. Their Oak brand is amazing; the style you want for a price you can afford... assuming your style is very urban and dark. I still laugh because I sent my mom here last time she was in New York and she brought me back a  cobalt blue marino wool sweater. "It was the only colorful thing in there" was her response. I was shocked because I knew she couldn't go wrong in a boutique full of black... yet somehow she found something not only in a color, but a very bright color at that. I do love that sweater though and get my use out of it; it's that perfect splash of color in my dark winter attire. 

Seven. A great place to look for the best up and coming designers. 

Spice Girls - Stop

Just another reason the 90's were an amazing decade - pop groups. Sorry NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, Hanson, and S Club 7, but the Spice Girls get my vote as the best group. I can't believe how many hours I sat around with friends listening to this cd over and over again until we knew every word to every song. Posh Spice (Victoria Beckham) was always my favorite, and I still love her to this day. She is one of the few celebrities that is actually better as a fashion designer than whatever they were doing before hand. The Olsen Twins are the only other people in that group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment