Thursday, March 24, 2011

Springspiration 2011...

Clockwise from upper left: Rick Owens, John Varvatos, Maison Martin Margiela, Dries Van Noten.

Kris Van Assche, Ann Demeulemeester, Alexander McQueen, Neil Barrett.


Favorite Looks - Boris Bidjan Saberi, Damir Doma, Siki Im.

It's time to step up my personal style a bit more, since this time of year it gets a little bit bi-polar. Winter everything is heavily layered with loose draped pieces and tailored elements, all in black. This is quite the contrast to summer which is full of color and basically a walking J.Crew catalog. So my goal for this spring is to make my winter wardrobe summer appropriate, sans couleur bien sur. That why I'm feeling beige, paste, and slate for summer; a neutral pallet to mix in some of my darker pieces with for both seasons. So, things we are looking for... 

1) Light tailored pieces - Linen and cotton blazers, casual trousers, well fitted dress shirts... 

2) Draped layering pieces - Thin t-shirts and tanks, slouchy paper cardigans, loose cotton leggings (to wear under shorts, which I might consider, but only with leggings underneath. The good lord knows I don't like shorts. That image from Neil Barrett makes a tempting proposition though).

3) That pair of perfect summer sandals which I could never find in the states, but is the only thing they have here in France. Oh how nice to be in the land of fashion, where all your wildest fashion dreams come true, and all your fashion nightmares don't exist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment