Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 18...

The meaning of my blog name, and a song I wish I heard on the radio.

Embarras de richesses = an embarrassment of riches en français. I like France, I live in Paris, and plan on living here the rest of my life after college, so I guess something un peu français was appropriate. Also, at one point this blog was all about things that I lusted after in the fashion world. Hence why an embarrassment of riches was appropriate. I guess now it is all about who knows what, so the name has lost it's luster in a way. 

Britney Spears - Till The End of The World. 

I'm crazy about Britney's new sound. Whoever her producer is that has introduced her to electronic music and infused a little bit of dubstep into her sound is a genius. It is that perfect mix of pop and dub. Dubstep, while a great sound, is often tainted with overtones of sexism and violence, but Britney counteracts that. She has enough of it where dubstep producers are going at it, making amazing remixes, that have all that wobbly bass that makes dubstep so attractive, without all the negative that can be associated with that genre. I haven't been listening to the radio since this song came out, so I don't know if it is playing on the French top 40 stations quite yet, but I certainly hope so. It's Britney, and she is back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment