Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 7...

A picture of something that inspires me, and a song that reminds me of a certain event.





Music and the subcultures that evolved from it; a constant and inexhaustible source of inspiration for me. Images by Hedi Slimane, who is a huge influence on my own work. 

DJ Gregory and Gregor Salto - Canoa

It was 7am in a club buried within the sewer system of Paris. Carl Cox was DJing and he put this song on, everyone went wild. You could tell everyone was going through the same thing; they were lost in the music. The world slips away from you, and you just live purely in that blissful moment, surrounded by the sound and lights. It was magic. I was playing this song in school the next day, and a senior fashion design student who I never talked to before came running up to me "Were you there last night?!" I looked at her and smiled. Magic. 



No comments:

Post a Comment