Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 13...

My favorite musician and why, and a song that is my guilty pleasure. 

I could never say I have one single favorite musician. The closest thing I could do would be to break it down by genre and do it that way.

Pop: Lady Gaga
Country: Dolly Parton
Alt Rock: The Killers
Hip-Hop: Salt-n-Pepa
R&B: Destiny's Child
Latin: Alejandro Sanz
French: Serge Gainsbourg
Classical: Rachmaninov

 I can't even start to classify Electronic music. There are just too many genres and sub-genres to handle, plus so many people don't just stick to one type. Sure I could go on all day about my favorites in Detroit House, Deep House, Big Room House, Minimal House, Electro House,  or Italio House. And then I could do that for every genre of Electronic. But that wouldn't be fun for me to do, nor fun for your to read. So, here are some of my favorites in very general categories. 

Dubstep: Habstrakt
House: Kaskade
Acid: Paul Oakenfold 
Grime: Terror Danjah
Trance: Paul van Dyk
Techno: Marcel Dettmann
Electro: Deadmau5
Breakbeat: Krafty Kuts

Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers - Islands in the Stream 

Since I've now admitted to having a favorite country singer (in fact, she is the only country singer I like), I would have to say my guilty pleasure is Dolly Parton. How can you not love someone that has their own theme park? 

No comments:

Post a Comment